- Sign up for Digital Ocean (that's a referral link which you are in no way obligated to use)
- Create a droplet (I've added my SSH key to Digital Ocean so I assign that to the droplet). I used Debian 7 x64
- Point your domain's A record at the IP address Digital Ocean assigns to your droplet.
- Log into the vps as root, create a new user and give it sudo permission,
$ adduser new_user_namethen
- In visudo find the line
root ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALLreplicate it just below and replace root with the username created above.
- In your local project copy the default fabric dictionary from settings.py to local_settings.py and uncomment it
- Fill in the fabric settings
- Configure ALLOWED_HOSTS in deploy/live_settings.py, i.e.,
ALLOWED_HOSTS = ['example.com']
- Open your project's requirements.txt and add pillow to a new line (This should get automatically installed by Mezzanine but for some reason isn't)
- Run fabric
$ fab all
- Go to your site in your browser
Logs end up in